Monday 19 January 2015

A sobering reminder

Every now and again I have an idea for a blog post. In order to stop myself forgetting these I write them down on here and save them as a draft post. Just going back through the list of drafts I found this, which I had written just before my Christmas break;
Just because there haven't been many successful terrorist attacks is not the same thing as there being no threat of terrorist attacks.
I was going to write about the fact that many people believe the threat of terrorist attacks in the West is over stated simply because very few successful attacks occur, while seemingly ignoring the fact that many potential attacks are stifled before they take place by the security services.  

And then the Charlie Hebdo shooting happened and sort of proved my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment